CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 4, 2009

New Poem

Titanic Answers

We are all icebergs...

Thats it. That's the poem. Titanic Answers is the title and well, the rest is the poem. Call it a pocket poem because it's easy to memorize and carry with you everywhere you might go.

The philosopher in me, or wannabe philosopher, wants to explicate this poem I just wrote so as to help anyone reading this understand why I had to stop at one line...but the artist in me thinks that it shouldn't need an explanation, that its already so obvious. I have infact been trying to actually write a poem with this one-line basis but everything that comes out just seems too obvious or too preachy. So instead, I'm just going to recite the poem again.

Titanic Answers

We are all icebergs...



Perhaps someday I'll fill in the blanks but until then, it's a one line Poem.

On a different note, I am having my story "A-Wake" published in this semesters Touchtones. I'm super excited because it's my first piece of fiction to be published. This means that I have now published an oil painting called "Social Anxiety," and poem entitled "On Some Nights..." and now a fiction piece. I pretty much just need to publish a creative non-fiction piece and perhaps an academic paper and then I'll have touched on all the major genres of art.

I'll post the final revised piece of "A-Wake" on here eventually but I encourage you to buy a copy of Touchtones. It's only five bucks.

Anyhow, "A-Wake" is about a young teenager who meets a one-armed man at the Wake of his Grandfather. The one-armed man is the only man who knew the person this young teenagers Grandfather was before he left Ireland, and his Grandfather's connection to the I.R.A.

It might be the only I.R.A. related fiction story published in Touchtones, maybe even Utah.

1 comments:

Joshua said...

Hey Jeph,

I don't know if you ever check this blog or not. But I would like to be able to read your families blog. joshua.swann@gmail.com

Swanny-D